Karmen is a nutritionist and health coach trained in integrative and functional nutrition with a passion for providing the highest level of evidence-based nutrition counseling and health coaching through collaborative and patient-centered care. She has 9+ years of clinical nutrition and health coaching experience in functional medicine, as well as hormone optimization, and teaches collegiately for Great Northern University, and conducts perinatal nutrition research at Saybrook University.
Karmen uses a holistic, mind-body health coaching approach to navigate her clients in transformational change to achieve their goals through accountability, empowerment, encouragement, and education. She provides you with personalized instructions and practical applications to walk out your wellness in real life.
Saybrook University – Ph.D. in Integrative and Functional Nutrition
- Dissertation: “How does nutrition education occur in a midwifery birthing center in the Pacific Northwest?”
Saybrook University – M.S. in Integrative and Functional Nutrition
- Practicum Concentration: Endocrinology
University of Idaho – B.S. in Food and Nutrition
- Areas of Concentration: Global Nutrition, Public Health
- Minor: Sociology
- Great Northern University: Adjunct Instructor
- Moody Bible Institute: Adjunct Instructor
- Dinner with a Dr. – Nonprofit Organization: Nutrition Lecturer (2016-Current)
- Whitworth University – Guest Lecturer (2017-Current)
- Early Head Start – Guest Lecturer (2017-Current)
- American Nutrition Association
- National Board for Health & Wellness Coaching