25 Quotes For Choosing Happiness When You Need A Reminder
Often times we forget that happiness tends to be a choice, and if we wish to have it, a choice we must make often. Most times we don’t get out of bed gleaming with happiness from head to toe. It’s something we have to remind ourselves of, that we have to cultivate, and that we have to make a decision to embrace. But it can be hard, right? And unfortunately, being happy all the time is practically impossible. So alas, that is why we’ve put together 25 quotes on happiness to help you on your path of choosing to be happy. We hope you enjoy!
25 Quotes For Choosing Happiness
1. “If you aren’t grateful with what you already have, what makes you think you would be happy with more?” - Roy T. Bennett
2. Sweetheart, marry you goals. Remain committed to success. Be loyal to your dreams. It’s okay to choose yourself.” R.H. Sin
3. “People bring out different sides of you… therefor, you should always keep the ones who bring out the light.” - R.M. Drake
4. “People are usually about as happy as they make their minds up to be.” - Abraham Lincoln
5. “Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” - Marcel Proust
6. “Even if you cannot change all the people around you, you can change the people you choose to be around. Life is too short to waste your time on people who don’t respect, appreciate, and value you. Spend your life with people who make you smile laugh, and feel loved” - Roy T. Bennett, The Light In The Heart
7. “Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed?” - Hunter S. Thompson
8. “Happiness grows at our own firesides, and is not to be picked in strangers’ gardens.” - Douglas Jerrold
9. “Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word happy would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness. It is far better to take things as they come along with patience and equanimity.” —Carl Jung
10. “Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs–even though checkered by failure–than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” —Theodore Roosevelt
11. “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.” — Steve Jobs
12. “Health is the greatest gift, contentment is the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship” - Buddha
13. “If you’re not stubborn, you’ll give up on experiments too soon. And if you’re not flexible, you’ll pound your head against the wall and you won’t see a different solution to a problem you’re trying to solve.” — Jeff Bezos
14. “You must expect great things of yourself before you can do them.” — Michael Jordan
15. “It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you’ll do things differently.” —Warren Buffett
16. “It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things.” – Leonardo Da Vinci
17. “Most people would rather be certain they’re miserable, than risk being happy.” ― Robert Anthony
18. “Happiness is the best makeup” - Drew Barrymore
19. “If you want to be happy, be” - Leo Tolstoy
20. “The art of being happy lies in the power of extracting happiness from common things” - Henry Ward Beecher
21. “I have chosen to be happy because it’s good for my health” - Voltaire
22. “Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present” - Jim Rohn
23. “Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life” - Omar Khayyam
24. “We tend to forget that happiness doesn’t come as a result of getting something we don’t have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.” - Frederick Keonig
25. "If you want happiness for an hour, take a nap. If you want happiness for a day, go fishing. If you want happiness for a year, inherit a fortune. If you want happiness for a lifetime, help someone else.” - Chinese Proverb
Choosing Happiness: Takeaway
When we choose happiness we are able to be more successful and have more enjoyment when it comes to working on not only our goals, but ourselves. Throughout our health and fitness journeys it is easy to get bogged down with mundane and boring tasks that contribute to the overall, longterm goals that we’ve set for ourselves. While happiness might be a choice, it is possible to make that choice every day so that your life begins to have more zest, glitter, and fun to it. After all, who doesn’t want that?! Find out what truly matters, figure out who you really want to be, find a way to get there, and make sure you’re choosing happiness every step of the way.
THE SWOLE KITCHEN provides 1:1 nutrition coaching, macro coaching, and custom meal plans to help guide you to becoming the best version of yourself.
We believe nutrition should be simplified and delicious. We give you the tools you’ve been missing to anticipate and meet your needs on a daily basis. Discover what if feels like to truly love your body and your life with personalized 1:1 nutrition coaching.